Thursday, October 21, 2010

TUTUS!!!!

I have been so busy. Over the past month, my PTA duties have kicked into full gear and now school has finally caught up with me, which I knew that it would, and I have been trying to keep up with all of the different assignments. More and more, I feel like the information of value that I am getting from these graduate courses is at a minimum. For the most part they are just a lot of busy work. Yes, there are a few exceptions to this statement but for the most part, that is just the way it is. Between school and the other frustrations in my life (yes, I am still struggling with that), I have just felt like I am in this terrible funk that I can't seem to pull myself out of. I am stressed, tired all the time, and probably pretty miserable to be around. I realize that I have not had a lot of time for myself lately and certainly haven't had any time to do something fun for me, which probably has a lot to do with my current mood. So I decided that maybe I needed to get my creative juices flowing and do something that I could have fun doing. In an ideal world, I would have all kinds of time and money available to do the crafty and creative things that I really enjoy doing, but the reality is that my scrapbooking room has been collecting dust for the past year and a half. It's depressing.

The girls informed me about a month ago that they wanted to be bumble bees for Halloween and so, with the thought of trying to save some money, I started looking online for costume ideas. Low and behold, I stumbled across a super cute picture of a little girl in a tutu and dressed as a bumble bee. Having seen some handmade tutus recently, I immediately thought this might be something that I could actually do...and boy, was I right!!! I have had so much fun figuring out how to make these tutus and accessorize them and now have tons more ideas for future tutus. This has been a great release for me and the best part is, the girls LOVE them!



2 comments: